Divi Restro Menu Documentation
A download link is sent in the order confirmation email. The product can also be downloaded from My Account area.
The name of plugin file is divi-restro-menu-1.0.0.zip and may vary if purchased from another website.
Divi Restro Menu plugin can be installed using 2 methods
- From WordPress Dashboard
- Go to WordPress Dashboard >> Plugins >> Add New >> Upload Plugin >> Choose File >> Browse divi-restro-menu.zip and click Install Now >> Activate Plugin.
- Extract divi-restro-menu.zip.
- Connect to your server using FTP application.
- Navigate to wp-content/plugins/.
- Upload the divi-restro-menu directory in the plugins directory of your server.
- Go to WordPress Dashboard >> All Plugins > >Activate Divi Restro Menu.
Adding Menu Items
Once Divi Restro Menu is activated, it adds a Custom Post Type for Menu items in the WordPress Dashboard. To create menu items follow the following steps:
- Go to the WordPress Dashboard >> Restro Menu >> Add New.
- Add Title.
- Add Featured Image.
- Under the Restaurant Menu Enter Currency Symbol.
- Set Price.
- Ingredients (comma separated).
- Short Description.
- Create and set Categories as required and assign Menu Item to one or more Categories. (This can be done during creating Menu items or beforehand by going to the WordPress Dashboard >> Restro Menu >> Categories.
- Leave the main content area blank unless you want to use the single post page for the Restaurant Menu. This is not used by the module but the short description.
- Publish the post and exit
- Do the same for more menu items.
Menu Page Setup
Once enough menu items are added to the site, the Restro Menu module which is added to the Divi Builder can be used to display them using the available layouts.
Here are the steps for adding the module on a page.
- Create/Edit a Page/Post that uses Divi builder.
- Create/Edit row.
- Create/Edit column.
- Go to insert Module option.
- insert Restro Menu module.
Displaying Divi Restro Menu on a page
There are 2 menu layouts available in the Divi Restro Menu plugin to display menu items. Layout 1 and layout 2. To configure the major elements related to the menu items, check for the following settings areas of the “Content” tab.
- Go to the Content section.
- Select Menu Layout.
- Select Number of Menu items. The default value is 8.
- Select Categories from which the Menu items will be displayed.
- Select Number of Columns. By default, 2 columns will be displayed.
- Go to the Elements section and enable Filterable Menu to display a filterable category selection bar at the top.
- Show Thumbnail is the setting to show the featured image.
- Show Short Description is to display the short description associated with the menu item.
- Show Ingredients setting will allow displaying the list of ingredients entered while creating menu items.
- Show Price setting is to enable or disable the pricing on the module.
Remaining settings are design elements that can be controlled from the module settings similar to the rest of the Divi modules.