Divi Girl Child Theme Documentation
- File structure
- Install Required Plugin
- Set Navigation
- Set Sidebar & Footer Widgets
- Set Home page
A download link is sent in the order confirmation email. The product can also be downloaded from My Account area.
1. Name of the main file is divi-girl.zip. It needs to be extracted further before uploading.
2. The extracted zip file contains the following files: (1) divi-girl.zip (2) Divi Customizer Settings.json (3) Divi Theme Options.json (4) content.xml (5) readme.txt (6) license.txt (7) widgets.txt
Install Required Plugin
1. Install child theme using extracted divi-girl.zip and activate it.
2. Navigate to theme customizer and import Divi Customizer Settings.json
3. Navigate to Divi theme panel and import Divi Theme Options.json
4. Navigate to Tools>>Import, then select WordPress import and import content.xml. This step will create all the pages and posts as on demo site. For WooCommerce content you should have WooCommerce Plugin installed.
5. Update content and images.
- Go to the WordPress Dashboard >> Appearance >> Menus
- On the Edit Menus tab, select the Primary Navigation Menu from the list and click Select.
- On the Menu Settings area, in the Display location, check Primary Menu and click Save.
Set Sidebar & Footer Widgets
- Open the widgets.txt available in the child theme root directory.
- It has the demo code for the sidebar & footer widgets.
- Go to the WordPress Dashboard >> Appearance >> Widgets >> Sidebar, Footer Area #1, 2 and 3, and one by one add widgets as per the widgets.txt file.
Set Home page
- Go to WordPress Dashboard >> Settings >> Reading.
- Under “Your Homepage Displays”, select “A Static page (select below)” option.
- In the Homepage option, open the list and select Home – Extended as your page.
- Save Changes.